BABY MASSAGE CLASSES GOLD COAST AUSTRALIA
“It is through our hands that we speak to our children, that we communicate, touch is the child’s first language. Understanding comes long after feeling.”
Bonding is forming a unique, close relationship between you and your babyEye and skin contact, smell, smiles and soothing vocal sounds, each play a part in the bonding process and are the essential elements of Infant Massage. Through observing and responding to your babies smiles, frowns, coos and kicks with the nurturing touch of Infant massage, you are re-enforcing the feelings of trust and respect. These feelings provide the foundation of your relationship for years to come.
While stroking and caressing your baby is instinctive, research studies show that loving touch has profound effects on infant development. Massaging can help your baby become calmer and happier, with fewer stress hormones and a healthier immune function.
Massage also stimulates your baby’s nervous system and encourages cognitive and motor development. Infant massage techniques consist of a well-balanced combination of Indian and Swedish massage and Reflexology techniques.
Benefits for your baby
- Improves sleep patterns and your baby is more easily settled-your baby will cry less and sleep better.
- Proven relief from the distress of wind, colic and constipation with unique soothing strokes- less need to resort to medications.
- Strengthens the immune system functions, increasing resistance to illness.
- Heightens alertness and sociability when your baby is awake.
Benefits for you as the parent/caregiver
- Increases your confidence and skills- you learn and understand your baby’s body language- “stop the guessing”.
- Creates a relaxing, special time for you to share with your baby.
- Helps reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Enhances communication and provides a nurturing environment for conversation as your baby grows.
Why attend an Infant Massage Course, with Amanda from Groovy Babies?
- If you wish to get to know your baby, learn about baby cues, facial expressions, and cries.
- Have fun and enhance your deep connection of love and respect between you.
- Time together with other mums and bubs.
- If you have experienced situations where delayed bonding may occur- premature birth, caesarean delivery, medical complications, adoption, post-natal depression- infant massage provides the healing environment where you and your baby can re-establish your close relationship.
- If your baby has special needs, infant massage allows you to observe and respond to your babies unique signals with a deeper understanding.
- If you are a working parent massage can compensate for the separation by providing a special relaxing time for you and your baby.
- For fathers the nurturing environment and the close interaction of massage offers you a special opportunity to develop a deeper bond, parental confidence and handling skills.
Amanda is an accredited and experienced instructor with Infant Massage Australia. The strokes are easier to grasp when personally demonstrated. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why babies cry, reading a baby’s body language and parent empowerment are just SOME of the skills and topics taught.
- Each course is individually structured to meet the needs of both you and your baby.
- Careful consideration is given throughout the course so that your baby learns at his/her own pace.
- Amanda demonstrates the strokes on a life-size doll. You are then able to follow the strokes with your baby.
- Strokes are taught a little at a time to ensure that you are confident, your baby’s tolerance levels can develop, and so that questions can be addressed at any stage. Thus courses usually comprise of 3-5 sessions (1 per week), of 60-90 minutes duration.
- Suitable for infants from 6 weeks of age.
Class Times & Location
CLASS TIMES VARY – SEE OUR EVENT CALENDAR FOR DETAILS
Group Classes are held at:
My Own Midwife GC
207 Currumburra Road,
Ashmore.Event Calendar & Bookings
|Group Classes (4 sessions)
(min 4 attendees)
- Minimum 4 attendees per group for the class to go ahead.
- Refer a friend and receive a discount!
- Gift Certificates available.
- Instruction portfolio and sweet almond oil provided