HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method
Teaching mothers and birth companions techniques for safe and satisfying birthing through guided imagery, visualization and special breathing. Supporting Australian Families for over 15 Years.
Searching for HypnoBirthing® Classes on the Gold Coast?
Are you looking for a Midwife accredited in HypnoBirthing® International?
Then these classes are for you.
Amanda has used HypnoBirthing successfully both with one baby and twins. With a wealth of personal and professional experience you and your baby are in safe hands <3PRIVATE HEALTH CARE REBATES AVAILABLE.
As a pregnant mumma I wanted and desired to feel confident in my preparation for childbirth. I wanted a birth experience that is calm and safe and that I felt I was in control of my decisions for the birth of my baby.
I also wanted support for my partner, a tool kit that he could use at each stage I moved through.
HypnoBirthing provided me the opportunity for a calm, connected and gentle birth experience. It can for you as well!
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing® teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method is a simple, straightforward childbirth education program with over 25 years of proven results and many, many success stories.
Founded by Marie Mongan in 1989, HypnoBirthing® teaches women and their partners to reconnect with their natural ability to birth, free from fear. With certified educators in 45 countries around the world, HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method empowers and educates birthing couples over a comprehensive five week, antenatal course.
You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
HypnoBirthing helps women to become empowered by developing an awareness of the instinctive birthing capability of their bodies. It greatly reduces the pain of labor and childbirth; frequently eliminates the need for drugs; reduces the need for caesarian surgery or other doctor-controlled birth interventions; and it also shortens birthing and recovery time, allowing for better and earlier bonding with the baby, which has been proven to be vital to the mother-child bond. What’s more, parents report that their infants sleep better and feed more easily when they haven’t experienced birth trauma.
So, why is “birth” such a traumatic event for so many women? And why do more than 40% of births now end in caesarian section, the highest percentage in history? The answer is simple: because our culture teaches women to fear birth as a painful and unsettling experience. Fear causes three physical reactions in the body tightening of the muscles, reduced blood flow to the birthing muscles, and the release of certain hormones which increase the pain and discomfort of childbirth.
HypnoBirthing® Child Birth Antenatal Classes are a simple, straightforward program, thoughtfully developed over the years to remind mothers of the simplicity of birth itself. Just as the majority of birthing women do not need interventions and procedures for safe and healthy birth, they do not need a complex set of exercises and scripts to prepare themselves for peaceful, calm and comfortable birthing.
The birthing body and the baby know just what to do. HypnoBirthing® is designed to teach women to trust in Nature’s way of birth and to relax and let their bodies do what is needed. By practising a few key techniques, mothers program their minds and condition their bodies to birth easily. When it comes to programming and conditioning, variety is not necessarily a good thing. Repetition is what gets the best result.
You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing® films showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
Imagine if… your labour was shorter
- you might not need to use any anesthesia
- you feel energized after the birth
- you are comfortable and relaxed during labour and birth
- you experience an ecstatic birth
- your baby is calmer, more relaxed and feeds well
HypnoBirthing® mothers birth more comfortably
- 77% of HypnoBirthing® mothers who birthed vaginally did so without epidural anesthesia
- 45% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed in under eight hours.
- 17% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-section, compared with the national average of 32%.
- 9.5% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes (national average is less than 1%)
- 6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centres (national average is less than 1%)
- Data provided by HypnoBirthing® Institute, between 2005-2010
This award winning childbirth education programme, HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method has stood the test of time with over 25 years of experience, research and impressive results around the world.
What is included in your HypnoBirthing
● 302 page “HypnoBirthing—The Mongan Method” 4th Edition.
● 5 information-packed classes, helping you to understand why labor doesn’t have to hurt (12 hours tuition in total).
● 5 professional written scripts for your home practice
● Downloads for your relaxation, stress reduction and bonding (including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
● Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
● Birth Companions Tool Kit.
● Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
● A free hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
● A guide to good pregnancy nutrition
● Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing
● Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safe, easier and more comfortable birthing
● Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birthing
● Private instruction if desired
● Telephone/email support for the duration of course
● Small classes for personal attention
● Body toning exercises and practice
● The advantage and confidence of the HypnoBirthing International’s reputation for top-quality birthing preparation.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes
Week 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Week 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Week 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labour Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Week 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
• Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labour moves along – passing time through labour
• Hallmarks of labour
• If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labour advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Week 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
- Classes ideally to be started between 20- 36 weeks gestation.
- They consist of 5 x 2.5 hour lessons. All materials included.
- Bookings essential.
- I provide information for Multiple Pregnancy and using HypnoBirthing® techniques.
- Breech Turn Sessions are offered privately.
- HypnoBirthing® is ideal for Planned Cesarean or VBAC.
Private HypnoBirthing® refresher classes of 2-4 hours are available, for personalized tuition. This is a great option if you have done the course before and wish to recap the techniques and deep relaxation practice before your next birth. Cost is $250.
Group Class Times
Group Classes are held at:
My Own Midwife GC, Ashmore Clinic
Suite 50/207 Currumburra Road,
Please check under the events tab for class dates and times.Event Calendar & Bookings
|Group Class (per couple)||$600.00||Book Now|
|Private Class (per couple)||$990.00||Book Now|